/ / / 8 PPP agreements worth over PLN 206 million concluded in 2020

8 PPP agreements worth over PLN 206 million concluded in 2020

pracownik na konstrukcji

Ten post dostępny jest także w języku: polski

So far, in 2020, 8 Public-Private Partnership (PPP) agreements worth over PLN 206 million were concluded. However, since the beginning of 2009, 149 such agreements have already been signed, and their total value is over PLN 7.5 billion, according to data from the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy. Another 132 investment plans await implementation.

Signed agreements

Over the last 10 years, from the beginning of 2009 to the end of November 2020, nearly 590 PPP proceedings were initiated in Poland. Out of all concluded contracts, 149 have entered the implementation phase. So far this year, 8 agreements have been signed with a total value of over PLN 206 million.

Despite the economic slowdown caused by the outbreak of the Covid-19 epidemic, in the second quarter of 2020, one of the largest PPP agreements on the Polish market for the design, construction and operation of car parks for the City of Łódź was concluded (PLN 111 million). A similar agreement was also signed in Warsaw in Q1 2012. (PLN 86 million).

Out of 149 completed and implemented PPP contracts, the largest number – 23, concerns transport infrastructure. The following sectors are located in the following locations: energy efficiency (22), sport and tourism (21) and water and sewage management (18).

As far as regional division is concerned, the leader is the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, where 31 agreements were signed. Further places are occupied by Śląskie (21), Pomorskie (18), Dolnośląskie (16), Małopolskie (13) and Wielkopolskie (12). The worst case in this list is Lublin Province, where only one PPP agreement for the construction of a sports hall in Karczmiska was concluded.

In total, from 2009 to the end of November 2020, PPP agreements were concluded with a total value of PLN 7.52 billion. In 2013, agreements of the highest value so far (PLN 2.1 billion) were concluded, including agreements for: construction of a thermal waste processing installation in Poznań (PLN 783 million), as well as the construction of a broadband network in the Mazowieckie Province (PLN 458 million) and Podkarpackie Province (PLN 310 million). Since then, contracts of a lower value have mainly been signed on the Polish PPP market. The average value of agreements concluded in 2009-2018 was 46 million PLN.

In 2019, a positive change took place – a clear increase in the value of PPP projects was recorded. Last year, 9 agreements were concluded for the amount of over 1.3 billion PLN, including the largest PPP agreement so far in our country (850 million PLN). This agreement concerned the construction of a thermal waste conversion installation together with energy recovery to ensure heat supply to the municipal heating network in Olsztyn.

Investment intentions

At the end of November 2020. The Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy identified a total of 132 investment intentions at different stages of preparation. Most (77% of the projects submitted to the Ministry’s database) are in the phase before the procedure is announced, i.e. at the stage of idea, efficiency assessment or selection of an advisor. The remaining 23% are pending proceedings for selection of a private partner. Among them, most investments are at the stage of negotiations.

Most of the projects planned for implementation are in the sector of sport and tourism (28), transport infrastructure (21), energy efficiency (14) and housing (13).

The regional division of PPP investment plans is dominated by Mazowieckie Voivodeship, where there are 25 of them, as well as Dolnośląskie (22) and Śląskie (19). The Łódź Province is currently the only province without a single planned task.

Currently, the largest investment project in the PPP formula is the construction of the Central Port in the waters of the Gulf of Gdańsk, whose value is estimated at PLN 12 billion.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *