Ten post dostępny jest także w języku: polski
The first works will begin in West Warsaw Station – it is a step towards a modern station that meets all the expectations of long-distance, regional and agglomeration travelers. The works, preceded by information about changes, will gradually cover the platforms. A footbridge over the tracks will be prepared. The investment for over PLN 1.9 bn net is applying for co-financing from EU funds (Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme).
At the West Warsaw station, passenger service is maintained. PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe (Polish Railways), in cooperation with the contractor, will gradually organize and start works.
– After the reconstruction of West Warsaw is completed, there will be more long-distance and suburban trains on the transport map of the capital. The investment is another step towards the goal of a safe, comfortable and predictable Polish railway – said Andrzej Adamczyk, Minister of Infrastructure.
– The reconstruction of the West Warsaw station is one of the investments of the National Railway Program, which is also the best recipe for maintaining economic development. After modernization, the station will become a communication hub for the capital, connecting rail, bus and public transport – said Andrzej Bittel, secretary of state at the Ministry of Infrastructure.
Investor PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe works closely with the contractor, Budimex. The organization of work requires, above all, providing good service to travelers. There is a need for coordination of activities in the field of railway traffic, safe work at track level and preparation of logistic work in the station area.
– The modernization of the West Warsaw station starts the reconstruction of the cross-city line. We will work closely with the contractor to ensure that the work goes smoothly. Step by step, we want to ensure more comfortable and efficient journeys on the Warsaw cross-city line, tailored to the needs of passengers. We will realistically increase the role of railways in the communication system of the capital, agglomeration and the country – said Ireneusz Merchel, President of the Management Board of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A.
A temporary technological crossing over the tracks has already been prepared. It will be used by specialized equipment for the construction of a footbridge. On Monday, October 26, employees will begin preparations for the dismantling of some of the shelters on long-distance platforms. Work will begin on platform 4. Gradually, with the required protection, they will cover the platforms towards Tunelowa St. Then the robots will move towards Jerozolimskie Av. Employees will secure and remove collisions with underground installations.
The works and construction of the footbridge will begin in November. Concrete foundations will be prepared and the installation of the pillars will begin. The footbridge will connect two districts of Warsaw – Ochota and Wola – and will provide quick and efficient access to the platforms.
Details of the organization of communication within the West Warsaw station
Up-to-date information for travelers is provided in the form of messages. Posters with the way to get there in the various phases will facilitate orientation. Information about changes is already being submitted.
Trains at the West Warsaw station will be served on all platforms, except for:
– Platform No. 2 – on October 24
– platform No. 3 – on October 25,
– Platform 4 on October 26-27 and Platform 5 on October 28-29.
The contractor conducts works with particular observance of safety rules, as trains run along the tracks. The trains will run through the station throughout the investment.
A revolution on the transport map of Warsaw
One of the largest investments of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. for over PLN 1.9 billion net, it is the next stage of modernization of the cross-city line. About 1,000 agglomeration, regional, national and international long-distance trains pass through the station on average daily. After the reconstruction, West Warsaw will provide travelers with comfortable service and smooth running of trains.
In the West Warsaw station, all reconstructed platforms will be roofed. The station will be fully accessible to people with reduced mobility. There are escalators, legible signage and a passenger information system that will facilitate the use of the railway. An additional platform on the side of Tunelowa St. will increase the possibility of organizing efficient connections.
Communication in the area of the station will be facilitated by a footbridge that will connect Wola and Ochota. Underpass – it will be higher and wider and connected with the space of waiting rooms and ticket offices. The passage will be extended to platform No. 8 (ultimately No. 9) at the perimeter line.
About 30 km of tracks, 130 switches and the traction network will be comprehensively rebuilt. Thanks to modern systems and technologies, it will be more efficient to manage rail traffic at the Warsaw railway junction.
Works at the West Warsaw station are planned until 2023 as part of the Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme No. 5.1-13 project entitled: “Works on the cross-city line in Warsaw on the East Warsaw – West Warsaw section”. The completion of the investment is planned for the second half of 2023.
Source: PKP PLK